Headlines
Anambra recorded 119 fire outbreaks in 2022: OfficialNew naira: Atiku still under attack for opposing extension of February 10 deadlineCabal plotting to disrupt 2023 elections, introduce interim govt: TinubuNo plan to extend deadline for old notes: EmefieleSenegal defeat Algeria to win CHAN; now holder of AFCON, BSAFCON titlesPoliticians plan to assassinate Atiku when he visits South-East: IPOBGovernors pile up huge debts for their successorsCash Crunch: Peter Obi begs Nigerians to bear with Buhari regimeUBA GMD/CEO, Oliver Alawuba, Conferred with Doctorate Degree by Imo State UniversityI’ll restructure Nigeria within six months if elected, Atiku vowsTears for Uche IkonnePolice Repel Attack On Anambra StationNew Naira: ICPC arrests Stanbic Bank manager for sabotagePolice launch manhunt for attackers of Ebonyi APGA guber candidatePeter Obi reiterates pledge to birth new NigeriaTinubu promises to double four-year university education to eight yearsGov. Ikpeazu’s former CoS emerges PDP guber candidate for AbiaINEC commends turnout at mock voter accreditation in DeltaGov. Ugwuanyi pledges to support inventor of battery-powered cooking stovesEmefiele tells banks to stop PoS chargesHeatwave: Experts proffer solutions to prevent diseasesInsecurity: NYSC warns corpers against ‘unauthorised’ tripsFrank Nweke charges security agencies to arrest attackers of Ebonyi APGA guber candidate Buhari formally endorses Tinubu, describes him as tested, trusted successor

Second Niger Bridge to be opened Dec 15 for Christmas, New Year travels

Comments · 80Views

The Federal government has announced December 15 as the date to open the Second Niger Bridge to ease traffic during Christmas and New Year celebrations. Jimoh Olawale, the Federal Controller of Works in Delta, said this on Wednesday in Asaba, which is in the state of Delta.

Olawale said: "As we know, during the Christmas celebration, commuters suffer hardship accessing the old Niger Bridge due to traffic jams, but with this arrangement, traffic congestion on the Asaba-Benin Expressway will ease." "We have notified the state government of this arrangement, and we are working with the Federal Road Safety Corps to ensure a hitch-free vehicular movement." "Motorists going in the direction of Owerri would divert through the access road near the old Niger Bridge to the new bridge." While debunking the claims of failure by the Federal Government to pay compensation to property owners along the access road to the second Niger Bridge, Olawale said no properties had been overtaken in the area. He said: "The federal government has appointed a consultant, Messrs. C.O. Akpabor and Company, to enumerate the properties for compensation. "Each claimant has an attorney that liaises with the consultant, so there is no need for protest, more so that the federal government has not taken possession of the properties nor commenced construction work on the access road." "The Federal Government verification team has visited and submitted its report to Abuja, and the government will pay all compensation before work will commence on the access road," he added.

Comments
Kindly Login or Register to post a comment!